Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Olympic Eventing Gold Medalist, Stuart Tinney (AUS)


Stuart Tinney OAM Olympic Gold Medallist Sydney 2000.

Being my first blog for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games, I find that there is not much to tell just yet!

The Eventing season has only just kicked off here in Australia with CNC events, so only some young horses are out.
(Photo Credit: Jenny Barnes)


What I can do, is mention my prospects for the 2010 Games. Vettori, owned by Kathy Ward and Pete O’Connell, is my premier mount right now. With his win at Adelaide International CCI**** (and as long as the wheels don’t fall off) we are sure that the selectors will trust putting us on the team. As far as back up rides my mare, part owned by Tim Game, will certainly be one I will prepare. An outsider, Watermark Grayson owned by Sarah Ingham just may be hot on their heels, with a win at Puhinui CCI*** in New Zealand late last year.

All three horses are in full work and will go to maybe the HSBC FEI World Cup CIC*** Sydney in May, or to Werribee International CCI*** Victoria in June. There will be a few lead up events, but realistically they don’t need to do much; just be sound and fit.

I have few clinics lined up (trying to gain some revenue!) and also some nice young horses to ride, so with roughly 12 in work, both Karen and I are very busy! One trip I will be making is to The Rolex Kentucky Three-Day Event this April with my Federation. I will not be going to compete, but I will be going with some administration staff to “get a feel” for the grounds. I am looking forward to that trip very much.

More news as it comes to hand, certainly an exciting year.

More info www.tinneyeventing.com

3 comments:

  1. Que tengas suerte y te puedas clasificar. Saludos de Gabriel.
    http://ggjineteraid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This champion must be cool, like me some day have the opportunity to observe a run of these to see how these skills are developed

    ReplyDelete
  3. To start with I would like to congratulate the cradores of this blog, mainly because when I read it I enjoyed it very much. A few years ago I attended a conference called costa rica investment, at that conference had many interesting topics. Perhaps readers may find no relationship between the blog and this conference, but if someday can attend, would realize that there is much to do with this blog.

    ReplyDelete