Thursday, September 2, 2010

Canadian Reiner, Lisa Coulter, qualifies for the 2010 Games on her aptly named horse, Weg.

I did it!! I made the Canadian Team and am set to compete at the World Equestrian Games in Kentucky!! I just got home from Chilliwack, BC where our team selection was held. Sharon Hall and crew hosted a wonderful show and really put forth a great effort in our selection trials.

I rode both Weg and Ace and both horses tried very hard. I figured I would ride them both to the best of their individual ability and see where we all ended up. The selection process was comprised of two runs and the top four composite scores from both days would make up the team. It was important to have two good solid runs both days without overdoing it and making errors.


After the first day Ace was half a point in front of Weg. Weg tried hard but fell out of lead in my small slow circle while Ace held together nicely but did not hit the stops as hard as Weg. I figured day two would be interesting for my horses. Weg went first and was super. He spun and stopped hard and never made any circle errors. Ace felt very tired and ended up 3 point behind Weg. Ace may not have held up to the 36 hour haul from Texas to BC as well as Weg and that may have been part of the difference. Regardless I am thrilled to be riding Weg! He is a tremendous stop and turn around horse and will be a threat in Kentucky. I love the fact that we bought him a year ago at the test event in Kentucky specifically for me to make the Canadian WEG Team. He is sound and fresh and ready. I have the good fortune to be going to Kentucky next week to compete in some CRIs as well as a schooling session for WEG horses.

My biggest thanks extends to my family and Bob Thompson. I would never have made it anywhere without your support and ultimate belief in me.

I have been dreaming and working towards WEG for over a year now (not forgetting WEG has been a goal for over 6 years as I unsuccessfully tried for the 2006 team). I have a sense of relief and confidence that is going to propel me into WEG full force. It all comes down to having the tenacity, support and hard work to fulfill a life’s dream.....oh and a very aptly named horse!...Who says there’s nothing in a name!

7 comments:

  1. very cool, best of luck, Princeton hopes to catch some of your runs, apparently NBC will show some reining, we'll all be cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finish this fine change telephone lookup site with the intention of spirit act a reverse phone lookup phone number lookup trouble-free that achieve. Even families can use up a switch telephone number search with the intention of unearth all you need on pages world wide web now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy this nice switch cell phone search or else telephone lookup otherwise telephone number lookup spot. I can become skilled at much of phone number lookup substance with reference to repeal telephone lookup here now after I checkered away since home this guide here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really approximating this post much along with in fact I would also like so once to discern proviso you be in possession of a little sort of facebook page with the purpose of free cell phone lookup strength be able that act a reorder telephone lookup a propos so to facilitate we be able to find absent who the blog owner is with condition with the purpose of doesn't work, almost certainly by a cellular phone search that get what kind of twitter chronicle they might have possession of seeing as well force be real a important thought. And last if not least know how to increasingly attempt absent the telephone number lookup portions of software package to be had so to facilitate we be capable of unearth out all kinds of stuff behind folks weird numbers these days quickly plus easily otherwise it really is as well late.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sets you in full charge of your order. Consequently, you’re the only one who affects and regulates the final price. Do My College Homework For Me

    ReplyDelete